I’m sure there are plenty of things in our life we now think differently about than how we did in our budding years. Each day and each hour brings with it a new lesson; some we learn, some we choose to ignore.
Unfortunately, the latter happens more in proportion to the former when we are young, ingenuous and whimsical.
So while taking a stroll tonight, I wondered what would I say if my 15 year old self came in front me. Here are a few things I could garner-
1) Your parents are the only people on Earth who love you unconditionally. No other energy in this world loves you more than them-remember that.
2) School maybe tough, but it is nothing compared to the struggles awaiting after you finish it and step in the real world. So buckle up!
3) Forgive people. Don’t punish them for one mistake forever. A strong bond is more important than momentary pride.
4) Don’t get so mad at small little things. More importantly, don’t get mad at yourself.
5) Be wise. Grow above the small things that try to drag you down. Don’t fret over stuff that won’t matter in a few years.
6) Concentrate on your studies and choose your stream wisely.
7) Always appreciate the little things in life. Because after a while you’ll realize those were all the big things.
8) Your school will always be a happy place. Cherish your time there before it becomes a memory.
9) Don’t waste your time on trivial things. Chalk out a plan, understand why things work the way they do.
10) Never be afraid of anything. No kind of judgement or hurdle should ever deter your spirit from soaring high in the clouds.
11) Learn from other people’s experiences and mistakes so that you don’t have to make them all yourself.
12) There is so much more to you than you give yourself credit for. Look closely.
13) Listen to your brother. He loves you but has a different way of showing it. He wants nothing but happiness for you.
14) Stay humble to everyone.
15) Understand your forte and work relentlessly on them. Nurture your hobbies and improve them.
16) Be aware of everything going on around you. Stay updated and vigilante.
17) Don’t act impulsively, think things through, analyze, deduce and then react.
18) Lastly, never lose hope. Things will get better, they always do.
This is a brief congregation of what I learnt in the past 19 years. I hope it helps someone someday.