We all have that one friend who prefers to spend his weekend snuggled by the side of a book and a cup of coffee; laying back and relaxing in the company of their favorite character. Their mood swings are often dictated by fictional chronicles. Soaring high in the sky from utter bliss and crashing the rock bottom, all in the snap of a finger.
In the era where internet is often used synonymous to life, and social stature is more important than food, clothing and shelter, there is a vast community of creatures who live a much different life and hence, face a lot of problem trying to ‘blend in.’
These are our beloved nerd girls and boys. Being an unadulterated nerd, I understand how difficult it becomes sometimes to explain normal people about your fanaticism for things that don’t exist (BUT IN OUR WORLD THEY DO..!!)
Okay, so as a dedication to all my fellow nerd people here are 10 problems that every nerd faces:
- You make a book reference and no one seems to understand, let alone appreciate the humor. In fact, they shoo it away thinking it to be something childish or trivial.
- The non-nerds often tease you by purposely making fun of your favorite book. Little do they know the monster they’re trying to invoke the wrath of.
- They come up for book suggestions and you cannot control your hysteria and tell them all about the ONE BOOK THEY SHOULD DEFINITELY READ, but later they ignore it and you’re left exasperated.
- They blackmail you into doing stuff for them by threatening to tear your book and you have no choice but to surrender.
- You suggest books to your non-nerdy and they NEVER realize its value.
- If by the worst of fortune, you’re the only nerd in your circle, you find no one to discuss your favorite book with. Hence, you cannot share your love which leaves you devoid of that pleasure.
- Your friends often tease you for living in your own fantasy world and try to give you a WAKE UP CALL to come back to reality and you’re so tired of explaining them HOW REAL EVERYTHING IS!
- No one understands why your glasses are getting thicker and thicker and you don’t care.
- You sniff, revel and admire a new book until it’s normal in the real world, then you just admire it on the bookshelf.
- You are single because you are mentally married to a fictional hero and you obviously need therapy.
Despite the pros and cons, nerds are undoubtedly (not being haughty) few of the best people we could encounter. Often ignored and termed as ‘bland’ and ‘mundane’, you’ll be surprised to see what thrills they have to offer you! Next time you meet a nerd, try exploring them.
I hope I mentioned all the problems here. If any nerd wants me to add something, feel free to notify.
There there Nerds.